“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” -Lance Armstrong

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Park City 50




This past weekend Abbie and I had a great weekend with a few friends up at Deer Valley. Saturday I raced in the 1st annual PC 50 which I thought would prepare me for the Park City Point to Point in September.
The PC 50 started at the base of the Park City ski resort and wrapped up on the mid-mountain trail and connected into Sparow. Within the first 8 miles I was already feeling the pain due to 2000 foot climb. Finally when I hit mile 23 which was the second aid station I was able to regain my energy and keep pushing forward. The trail was awesome and the temperature felt perfect, the only draw back was the fact that some locals in Park City moved the flags which led a handful of people in the wrong direction, I was one of the lucky ones that got lost which extended my race an extra 4 miles trying to figure out where I was. Finally I could see the Canyons ski resort which gave me a second wind to finish out the race strong. 8500 feet of climbing and 50 miles later I finished the race 9th in the expert category and feel a little humbled for the Point to Point in Sept!!

No comments:

Post a Comment