“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” -Lance Armstrong

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lehi Showdown Intermountain Cup Series Race #3


The drive to the Showdown race throws you off due to the race being 23 miles west of Lehi. I barely made it in time to pick my packet up and jump on my trainer to get my legs warmed up. I just started taking CarboRocket a bike supplement drink which is amazing and I finally found something that doesn't destroy my stomach.
The race is 34 miles for the expert category which made me excited cause I like the longer races, but halfway through the ride you have to dismount and hike up a very long steep hill. After the first lap I realized I had to hike the hill two more times which made me save some energy.
The weather was great and I finished in 3rd place! The race was fun and the weather was perfect! Thanks Abbie for coming and taking pictures!

Jess my Sister-in-Law raced as well.
I had to pee so I ran behind a truck during the countdown.
3rd place!

No comments:

Post a Comment